This effort is funded in part by a grant from SF Parks Alliance, with the bulk of the funding coming through the offices of SF Supervisors Avalos, Campos, and Cohen, whose districts surround the park. Training of docents will be done through SF Safe with assistance and advice from Ingleside Police Station and Park Patrol. In other words, an entire community effort. Shows will start at 2pm with some opportunity for pre-show activities. All performances will be supervised by trained volunteer docents.
Here’s how to get involved:
- Volunteer to become a docent – work one or all six shows or a shift at one or more shows… you decide. They are looking at about 20 volunteers per show. There will be several types of volunteers depending on interest and ability.
- Park Monitor training will be conducted by SF Safe. Volunteers doing park monitoring will need to attend a short training class.
- Light duty volunteers may be assigned to helping with refreshment sales or hospitality for other volunteers and performers, or providing park information to visitors.
- There is a Google Group for volunteers to discuss their activities, please send an email to Linda Litehiser or call at 585 8005 to be added to the group or to find out more.
Saturdays In The Park @ Jerry Garcia Amphitheater, 2 – 4pm
- Aug 17 – Caberet Songstress, Chinese Traditional Folk Music, and More
- Aug. 24 – Local Blues Revue at the JGA
- Sept. 14 – Charity & the Jam Band – A fun children’s show
- Oct. 12 – Indie Rock, Reggae, and Blues bands from the ‘hood
- Oct. 19 – Youth Rocks! — Local kid talent lights up the stage
- Oct. 26 – An Afternoon of Latin Jazz, with Bill Ortiz